In surrogacy or third party reproduction, the embryos are placed inside the womb of another lady who will carry the pregnancy.
Surrogacy is a careful legal agreement between the genetic/ intended parents and the gestational carries.
- Women who is unable to carry healthy pregnancy, like heart disease or kidney disease.
- Women with abnormal or absent uterus.
- Couple with repeated IVF failures.
- Single parent who wants to start a family.
A physical and mentally healthy gestational carrier is recruited from the registered agencies, preferably less than 35 years of age, who has already delivered at least one child all blood investigations are normal and is willing to carry the pregnancy for 9 months.
Both the intended parents and the carrier undergo medical, and legal counseling so that all parties are informed and in agreement.
The surrogates cycle is matched with the intended mother's cycle the eggs of the intended mother are removed non - surgically and combined with her husband sperm and the resulting embryos are placed in the surrogate's uterus.
The surrogate visits is done frequently by the coordinators to ensure proper care is been taken and the doctor sees her every 2-3 weeks to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Intended parent can bring their own surrogate or cliniccan provide through agency.
- As per guidelines names of intended parents to go into the birth certificate.
- Both husband and wife must have Indian citizenship.
- No ban on single parent surrogacy for Indian citizens.
Surrogacy is a method where the fertilized egg is placed inside the womb of another lady who will carry the pregnancy till term. This is reserved for single parents , women with absent uterus, defective uterus, poor endometrium lining, or women with repeated IVF failures.
The intending parents can either bring their own surrogate or the clinic through an agency can provide one. The Indian government guidelines on surrogacy make it a legal process and the names of the intending parents go into the birth certificate.
We do not encourage keeping our surrogate in surrogate homes as most of our surrogates are young ladies with small children. We want our surrogates to be happy during pregnancy with their family rather than be in solitary confinement for nine months. The surrogate care taker visits them frequently to ensure proper care is taken and the doctor sees her every 2-3 weeks to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
Selection Standard of a Surrogate mom
- Fit and healthy
- Happy and pleasing personality
- Already delivered at least one child
- All blood investigations (Thyroid, Thallasemia, German measlesetc all normal)
- Day 15-18 endometrial thickness > 9mm
- She and her family understands the procedure and happily willing to carry the pregnancy for 9 months.
- Live in their own homes with family and children so that they are happy during the entire span of pregnancy (we have observed that the chances of miscarriage increases when the surrogates are kept in surrogate homes)
- Surrogate agents take care of timely visits, medication consumption and overall health & sanitation of the surrogate.
- Clinic o-ordinators give frequent visitis to surrogates houses to ensure the same.
- Antenatal visits and ultrasounds are more frequent than normal pregnancy to ensure smooth and healthy pregnancy.
- Dr. Kaberi Banerjee personally chooses the surrogates and follow them throuhgout the pregnancy.
- Medically need surrogacy for example, poor endometrium, repeated failures etc.
- Legally married for >2 years.
- Country legally allowing surrogacy.
- It is same for preterm > 28 weeks & term > 37 weeks
- Vaginal (normal) delivery: INR 80000 â€“ 100000 for 2 days stay in economy room for surrogate.
- Elective/Emergency Cesarean: INR 100000 â€“ 120000, for 3 nights stay in economy room for surrogate.