Patients with certain ejaculatory disorders or no in the ejaculate may be offered Surgical Retrieval and given a chance to father their own child (with an ICSI treatment cycle).
We offer the following types of SSR techniques:
- Percutaneous Epididymal Aspiration (PESA)
- Testicular Aspiration (TESA)
- Testicular Extraction (TESE)
For PESA, a small number of is obtained directly from the epididymis, which is the beginning of the outlet tube from the testicle.
If PESA is unsuccessful, TESA or TESE may be offered. In this procedure, the is obtained directly from the testicle.
Indications for Surgical Retrieval are as follows:
- Congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens
- Obstruction of both ejaculatory ducts
- Failed vasovasostomy
- Failed epididymovasostomy