Getting Prepared for Pregnancy
Female fertility declines with age and it is always advisable to take precautions for couples who are planning to become pregnant. Some of the major precautions that should be taken are as follows :
- Women who are planning for pregnancy should avoid Avoid smoking
- Get into shape and achieve desired body mass index
- Take healthy diet (low carbohydrates, high proteins and minerals)
- Drink plenty of water (up to 2-3 litres)
- Antibodies against Rubella
- Blood sugar and thyroid levels are under control.
- Checks done to ensure that you are not a carrier of Thallasemia.
- You don't have any untreated medical illness like heart diseases or hypertension.
Follicular Monitoring process involves serial ultrasonic monitoring of ovarian follicles that helps in identifying the time when egg is mature which is then followed by advice for natural contact/intrauterine insemination/ egg collection for in-vitro fertilization. Here, the end procedure followed depends upon case to case.Features:
- Involves process of serial ultrasonic monitoring of the ovarian follicles that helps in identifying eggs maturation status
- Also suitable for assessing size of follicle which supports egg growth as well as is used for determination of uterine lining thickness
- For women under fertility medication, follicle monitoring assists in assessing response to treatment
- Assists in making adjustment to the fertility medication dosage during treatment in event of seeing inadequate response